To have the best possible life it’s important to look after your health and wellbeing.
At CraigCare, we believe in the pursuit of continued growth and balance in the areas of physical, mental and social wellbeing – regardless of age.
CraigCare Ascot Waters Wellness Centre is designed to promote the best possible health and lifestyle. By participating in our Wellness Club you can:
- Increase fitness levels, balance and coordination.
- Gain more independence and a better quality of life.
- Meet new friends in group classes and social gatherings.
Who is it for?
Ascot Waters Wellness Club has been specifically designed both for our residents and for seniors in our community who are looking to increase their wellness to support more independence in their own home.
Services on offer
- Gymnasium – improve your balance, strength and wellbeing by exercising in our gym, specifically built so you can enjoy gentle exercise supported by our personal trainer.
- Group exercise classes (e.g. Thai Chi, yoga, Ballroom Fit) – improve strength, balance and confidence. These classes also provide relaxation and socialisation, meeting the needs of the mind and body.
- Physiotherapy sessions – for those looking for a little more individualised exercise to maintain independence*.
- Podiatry sessions – taking good care of your feet improves your ability to stay on them. Podiatry helps improve your mobility and independence through the prevention and management of foot problems.*
- Massage – helps to loosen tired muscles and increase flexibility and balance, and provides a sense of relaxation.
- Health checks – our dedicated nursing team will undertake a variety of health checks including weight, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration.
- Wii Fit – using wireless technology to deliver a virtual reality experience, Wii Fit promotes physical activity with its interactive sports and fitness games building up cardiovascular and muscle strength. Take your pick from a wide range of individual or group sports including tennis, bowling, golf and boxing.
- Wellness Morning Tea – chat about health and wellbeing with regular guest speakers and make new friends at our daily morning tea events held in our onsite café.
*These services are offered at an additional cost.
Depending on your interests, you are also welcome to join in any or all of our lifestyle activities on the day (e.g. cooking classes, art workshops, Men’s group), or enjoy a choc top and popcorn while watching a movie in our Grandstand cinema.
Fees for the General Public
You can enjoy the benefits of a membership, or visit on a casual basis. Access to our Wellness Club is $100 per day. We also offer discounted monthly Club Memberships at $80 per day.
If you have a government funded Home Care or an NDIS Package, your funds may be used to purchase all the services that our Wellness Club offers.